Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wootz Ore Decision

3 posters

Go down

Wootz Ore Decision Empty Wootz Ore Decision

Post  Xenedra Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:59 am

Having taken part in the discussion on Wootz Ore and seen both sides, I (with full to minimal consent from the other SHs) have decided to drop the necessity of pursuing a Salvage body from the restrictions of bidding ore. Ultimately, the Wootz earned during a run is earned by everyone there and not just those going after Salvage bodies. Based on this idea, wootz will be bid at the end of each run where the linkshell obtains it. However, I hope that in chosing to bid or not bid, members will take into account the purpose of those bidding on Wootz and help to support each other in worthwhile goals.

Possible future adjustments to the rule:
It was never the intent of the rule to have every piece of Wootz go to a single person for little to no jump from the minimum bid. For the time being, Wootz will continue to start at the minimum bid of 6 points on the assumption that bidding will not rise significantly higher than the minimum. If, now that bidding is open to all, points bid on Wootz become astronomical, the minimum bid value may be dropped.

Cheers,
Xene n' Co.

Xenedra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wootz Ore Decision Empty Re: Wootz Ore Decision

Post  Verence Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Points are now a legitimate means of earning liquid gil? In the name of consistency then, allow me to offer a counter-proposal: Currency purchase for points on nonsponsored runs. I realize this may seem completely counter to my earlier arguments but it's not really; in both cases I'm only urging consistent adherence to what seems to me to be the LS's ideals. People need a fair amount for AF+1 upgrades, money that would otherwise come out-of-pocket. And if people have points to burn, it's a nice income booster.
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenedra Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:02 pm

At this time, what little currency that is collected by the bank will be sold to keep up bank funds while we have a sponsor. Currency will not be put up for bid.

Xenedra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacky Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:08 pm

I admit, I haven't given this a lot of thought and I doubt I will at some point, but this will be substracted from the every once in a while "bonus" we get. We'll just pay points for it instead of gil we might get eventually anyways, under the idea of finishing AF2+1. The gil obtained from is clearly stated to be used for medicine and pieces of equipment that will benefit the LS, AF2+1 is one such piece.

Long story short, there's no real point in bidding currency like that other than taking away 'useless' points, as there is a high possibility that we will get the gil eventually.

Blacky

P.S. Don't hang me on this, i'm fully aware the bonus is a little something extra, not something we are entitled to. But it does exist, and I do feel it validates my point.

Edit: Eh, she was faster.

Blacky

Back to top Go down

Post  Verence Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Blacky wrote:P.S. Don't hang me on this, i'm fully aware the bonus is a little something extra, not something we are entitled to. But it does exist, and I do feel it validates my point.
Not at all, the proposal wasn't intended to be taken seriously. It was intended to provoke thought about the ramifications of the new ruling. Apparently it's done just that, and you have a rather good point. I could argue further but it would serve little purpose. Thanks for your reply, I'll count myself content.
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down