Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nyzul static

+4
Blacky
gravideo
Ciaranjgw
Mhuirnin
8 posters

Go down

Nyzul static Empty Nyzul static

Post  Mhuirnin Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm thinking of starting a Nyzul Isle static soonish, probably 15-45 minutes after Dynamis since so far all 3 members are in WMS and I'm asking here on the WMS boards so it seems like a convenient time. >.> (If you realllly want to go but that time slot doesn't work for you, talk to me and we can try to work something out.) Anyway! Right at the moment we're WAR, WHM, BRD.

Ideally I'd like 2 more DDs and some magic damage (BLM or SCH). We'd be starting at floor 1 and going to floor 100. We won't be farming bosses but I would like for the static to stick together until everyone has (within reason!) the weapons they want. Anyone interested will need to bring 4 tags, food, RR, oils, powders, and a willingness to work together and follow orders. Post here, message me on the boards, or /tell me in-game if you're interested. ^^
Mhuirnin
Mhuirnin

Back to top Go down

Nyzul static Empty Re: Nyzul static

Post  Ciaranjgw Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:57 am

I would be rather interested but unfortunately I don't think I fit the requirements... (Unless the magic damage option is stil available... >.>) Also another valid question; How does one keep AP available for Salvage while doing Nyzul? D: *shrugs*

Ciaranjgw

Back to top Go down

Post  gravideo Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 am

Hi Muir, i've the time in that slot after Dyna and really want to go. Had to give up Salvage on Mondays so am open for this project.

Ever lovable Blu
-Grav

gravideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacky Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Use the three remaining tags too, Cj. And of course, getting Captain allows an extra tag.

Blacky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhuirnin Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Ciaranjgw wrote:I would be rather interested but unfortunately I don't think I fit the requirements... (Unless the magic damage option is stil available... >.>)
If you can /BLM and can take care of sleepga, nukes, and rune-running it should be OK.

Ciaranjgw wrote:Also another valid question; How does one keep AP available for Salvage while doing Nyzul? D: *shrugs*
You have to build up a huge AP stockpile beforehand, squeeze every last assault you can out of your tags, or do both. It's easiest to form a 3-person AP farming static. The best 3-person farming assaults I've found are:

Red vs Blue (SL Leujaoam) - Absolutely the best, 1666 AP if you beat it flawlessly. Needs a high rank and certain jobs though, and can be a little risky. Two DDs or a DD and a healer zerg Raubahn while a THF or /THF Flee kites his entourage. I've seen it done with WHM WAR BLU and SAM DRK BLM and SAM SAM RDM.

Imperial Code (CS Leujaoam) - One rank below RvB, 1333 AP. Not too hard with healer + DD x2 (I did MNK WAR WHM) if you learn the route and can be sneaky. Possible drop of Omega Ring, which is nice (R/EX +5 STR).

The Double Agent (C Mamool Ja) - 1200 AP. One of my personal favorites since if you're lucky, it can take only 5 minutes to win. If your team of 3 can sleep mobs and can communicate, it's a quick and easy assault.

Evade and Escape (LC Halvung) - 1000 AP. Not the best AP but as long as you bring RR and can use a map, it's pretty easy for 3 people to farm. Relatively low rank too.

Saving Private Ryaaf (SP Periqia) - 1100 AP. Pretty easy if you read the Wiki article - There's a way to tell which are real and which ara fakes without ever having to pop a Fomor. Not the best AP but nice and low ranking, usually doesn't take too long to do.

Golden Salvage (PSC Ilrusi Atoll) - 1100 AP but minimum rank. Super easy with two mage/SMN.

Lamia #13 (PFC Ilrusi Atoll) - 1200 AP. Not very hard for 3 people with Dispel, but it often takes near the full half hour for the fomor to kill her so I'm not a huge fan of this one.
Mhuirnin
Mhuirnin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 am

Mhuirnin wrote:
Ciaranjgw wrote:I would be rather interested but unfortunately I don't think I fit the requirements... (Unless the magic damage option is stil available... >.>)

Red vs Blue (SL Leujaoam) - Absolutely the best, 1666 AP if you beat it flawlessly. Needs a high rank and certain jobs though, and can be a little risky. Two DDs or a DD and a healer zerg Raubahn while a THF or /THF Flee kites his entourage. I've seen it done with WHM WAR BLU and SAM DRK BLM and SAM SAM RDM.

Absolutely ideal setup for RvB, IMO, is THF SAM SAM, but it can be done easily with any 2 DDs (including 2 BLM or 2 SCH) and anyone /THF.
So, in Cj's case, RDM/THF, especially since he has Fast Pants for when Flee wears.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhuirnin Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm

I think we're full, thank you to everyone who replied here and in-game! ^^ Our final lineup looks like WHM RDM BRD WAR BLU MNK

We'll be holding off for a week or two to let those who do Salvage regularly spam Assaults and build up a stockpile of AP. If you're reading this, are in the static, and need help farming AP please contact me and I can try to help you out. I can't make promises since I'm already helping someone, but I might have extra tags available.
Mhuirnin
Mhuirnin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenedra Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:45 pm

If you want, Muir, you can give me your group's names and I'll give you all access to the old Nyzul boards so you can make use of it.

Xenedra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cellsplitter Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 pm

I was never given access to the old nyzul boards myself Mad

Cellsplitter

Back to top Go down

Post  Verence Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 am

Never?! Man, Cell. You missed out on the most awesome stuff. Things like "I might be late on the 24th" and "Getting the dog de-wormed this week, get me a rep plz." Kind of wish I knew though, I could've been making fun of you the entire time and you'd never have known! Twisted Evil
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post  Verence Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Also, upon testing I'd like the record to show that just one SAM with Rana can obliterate Raubahn with a self-Darkness > meditate > any WS as long as they have a mage to lob cures.
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down