Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deathbeckons' App

+3
Wishmoon
Verence
Deathbeckons
7 posters

Go down

Deathbeckons' App Empty Deathbeckons' App

Post  Deathbeckons Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Ingame name:
Deathbeckons Alts: Deathseeker, Pimparu

Jobs 65+ (please list the levels of each respective job):
Deathbeckons: 75 pld nin blu bst whm brd sam drg 70 drk 69 blm
Deathseeker: 75 war thf drk rng mnk smn
Pimparu: 75 blm 66 rdm
(It should be noted that these last two are on the same account.)

Available subjobs:
Deathbeckons: All
Deathseeker: sam nin blu pld whm

Any job you wish to obtain relic for:
Though it will likely look bad, I will say that I'm interested in completing sets for all my jobs. On the good side, however, I have already obtained a ton of af2 from my old shell. Current specific goals are as follows:
DB: drk body (for 5/5) drg body (5/5) pup head (5/5) blm body/head (5/5) mnk head (5/5) and I'll probably work on other sets on an as needed basis for myself.

DS: thf hands (possibly my biggest priority and also another 5/5) mnk body/head (5/5 for completion's sake.) smn head (not a big deal at all, just for completion.) rng head/legs/body and i suppose hands for completion. the other 3 are situationally useful pieces.

Pimparu: blm head/feet will finish the set, head is actually something I need. Feet are just whatever/completion. Also plan on completing rdm set (only have feet as yet) as I continue to level him.

Rest assured that I'm not collecting af2 "Just to have it" but rather so I can use it (in several cases I consider it pre-gearing a job before I level it. My mnk is 39 and I have already begun collecting a great deal of appropriate gear for it.)

Notable gear, merits, etc. you have for your main job:
In all fairness, beyond combat skill merits its hard to consider any one of my jobs my "Main Job." I suppose, however, if I were forced to choose one, it would be Samurai.
8/8 GKT 4/4 Crit% 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Meditate 2/3 Overwhelm 1/1 Shikikoyo
Hagun / Tomoe | Pole Grip / Axe Grip | Shigeto Bow / Lightning Bow +1 | w/e arrows
Askar / Turban / AF+1 / O-hat / Arhat's +1 | PCC / Sea gorgets | Brutal | Fowling
Osode / Askar / Haubergeon / Arhat's +1 | Dusk / Pallas / AF+1 / AF2 | Ruby / Ulthalam's | Rajas
Cerberus / Amemet +1 / Boxer's | Warwolf / Swift / Buccaneer's / Potent | Byakko's / Shura | Fuma / Rutter's / AF2

Some of my other armor sets can be viewed by going through "Item Sets" at my FFXIAH profile found Here. A listing of all of my merits are also available through there.

With Deathseeker, again, I have no true "Main Job." I focus much more on DB's merits than DS's and haven't planned specific upgrades for everything. Most of the merits were in place before I acquired him, and I'm loathe to make any unnecessary changes. The primary merits to make note of are: H2H 8/8, Sword 8/8, Axe 4/4, and Feint 5/5. His two most notable items would be Ridill and Black Belt but gear/merits can be viewed in pretty much the same way as DB's: click here and go to merits/equipment sets near the bottom.

If you are curious as to how i acquired him, he decided he no longer wanted to play (for whatever reason) last summer and sent me an email saying if I changed his pass before Stormsurge did, the account was mine. I honestly doubt he even sent Storms the same type of email, but it was very quickly a done deal. Not having access to FFXI while on vacation, I had a friend change it up for me.

As for Pimparu... well there isn't nearly as much to worry about with him lol. I have a full set of HQ staves as well as Burst/Freeze 2 unlocked with 2/4 Ice/Thunder potency on top of 5 Elemental skill merits which need completing. I intend to unlock each AM2 then equally upgrade Burst/Freeze with whatever space is left. RDM merits will come later once hes actually 75. FFXIAH profile here. I still have to add gear sets, though.

Linkshells you're currently in:
DeathBeforeDishonor - The social ls I made a couple years ago.
Anduril - The end game ls I joined quite a while ago. Many of you know me from here.
SeaLab - Limbus ls, I'm currently a co-leader in the shell.
TheRisen - Just an ls my Nyzul Isle group uses.
Canta Per Me - Yes, I will laugh at Xene in character for you if you like.

What you hope to gain from Dynamis:
I'd say i covered the specific items quite well in the "Jobs you wish to obtain relic for" section. It does also bare mentioning that I would to obtain a number of accessories that are useful to their specific jobs ( I'm looking at you, Wyrm Belt, Abyss Cape, Warrior's Belt, Pantin Cape.) I do, however, also hope to gain a good group to do dynamis with, preferably with a number of people who are my friends.

What flags you have:
DB: All but Tav.
DS: All.
Pimp: Missing CoP + Xarc flags.

Have you beaten the CoP mission "Darkness Named" (Diabolos):
Yes, on all 3 characters.

An 'X' signifies that you have read and understand all the linkshell rules before applying: [X]

Anything else you'd like to tell us?:
First off, I'd like to say that for every zone aside from Tavnazia, my dynamis experience is Extensive. I have also been privy to a good tavnazia win strategy (we had to deal with 2 Diabolos when we won the first time) and am more than capable of working on and extending strategies. I did dynamis with Legacy of Old for going on 3 years, enhancing their original strategies for city and northlands zone as well as providing them with the current strategies they use to full clear all cities and maximize farming in glacier/xarc. My experience led to me pulling and leading some of the first runs without Arkanna at the helm which sent me to my position as an SH in that ls.

I'd like to say right here and now that there are many, many things that people have to say about my departure from the ls. In the end, it was more of a strain for me to be there than anything. People developed a great deal of dislike for me because I was able to gain such a great deal of AF2 and lost all respect for many people I had once considered friends. When I have no respect for someone well... it becomes blatantly obvious. I harbor a great deal of animosity towards anyone who seems to be overly stupid or incapable of playing their jobs.

After I left LoO, I joined Burger King, the SnD dynamis ls. My tenure with them was very short because I was forced to deal with such a great number of sub-par and brain dead players. In the end, I was booted from the linkshell because I caused too many problems with many SnD members. If you want to know more, you can contact Leuhiant about BK and Arkanna about LoO.

I would also like to say that I wouldn't have made such lengthy attempt to "sell myself" to the members of the ls if I didn't truly wish to be here, and I hope that I'll be accepted. I'm currently with family on vacation and don't have access to any type of internet that will allow me access to FFXI. I'm not downloading and updating ff on dialup, and I refuse to install AOL on my laptop. The reasoning should be obvious enough for anyone familiar with either. I'll be returning home to NY on the 24th. Also anyone checking the FFXIAH profiles and armor sets for DS/Pimp immediately after this is posted, chances are I don't yet have every armor set complete yet and won't until later on tonight. Check back tomorrow if you wish. Anyway, I shall be lurking. Hope to see you all in dynamis. Adieu~

and well... I guess I should apologize for the massive wall-o-text :p

Last edited by Deathbeckons on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathbeckons
Deathbeckons

Back to top Go down

Deathbeckons' App Empty Re: Deathbeckons' App

Post  Verence Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:18 pm

DB has neglected to mention that if you poke him in the belly, he does an amazing Pilsbury Doughboy impression.
Verence
Verence

Back to top Go down

Post  Wishmoon Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:40 am

Welcome to the boards DB

Wishmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacky Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 am

...You killed Troy? I love you.

Blacky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cellsplitter Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 am

Blacky wrote:...You killed Troy? I love you.
And he's a galka! <3

Cellsplitter

Back to top Go down

Post  franky Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 pm

welcome along!

franky

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathbeckons Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 pm

heh thanks for the welcomes and hey to those of you i know /
Deathbeckons
Deathbeckons

Back to top Go down

Post  mental Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:37 am

Thank you for applying to WeMeleeStatues. Your application has been moved to the voting section, we should have an answer for you by Thursday 18th of June.

Xenedra & Co.

mental

Back to top Go down

Post  mental Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Your application has been accepted, welcome to We Melee Statues! Our next run will be this Sunday in Qufim Island, we look forward to seeing you then!

mental

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathbeckons Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:33 pm

well, i believe i mentioned im on vacation without ff access til the 24th, so i wont be able to attend tomorrows run.

regardless, thanks for accepting me.

edit: cuz i didnt realize tomorrow is sunday and is also before the 24th >.>
Deathbeckons
Deathbeckons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum