Tavnazia run?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tavnazia run?

Post  Godofwar on Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 am

Just to ask the question.. I'm sure SHs have a plan in mind Very Happy
I had just gotten Tav access (in fact the week i went on hiatus was the first scheduled Tav run) when I left. I have been back now for a couple of months, and can see 2 months of runs ahead with no Tav in sight.
I would like at least to get the completion for it Very Happy of course there's some gear I'd like from there as well. Very Happy

Godofwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tavnazia run?

Post  Ciaranjgw on Tue May 26, 2009 8:19 am

Complete Tav? D: I don't mean to be rude but excuse me for a second... (lolololol)

Yeah, I don't think we can complete Tav just yet... We need everyone who is participating to be able to communicate rapidly for this kind of run to be even successful. This is because the time wasted with typing is time wasted... We don't have very long in there. x.x Thus everyone who attends the run should be on a VoiP program like Teamspeak/Ventrillo. GoD lets WMS use their TS Server for runs such as this... but the problem is not everyone can get on it. ;/ Some don't either try and make the effort. ._.; I think if everyone who was in a Tav run was able to join us on Teamspeak it would be alot more efficient in the long run. Thus the chance of success will increase...

But enough of that^^;

I would assume the reason why we haven't been doing Tav runs is because Mental has been sponsoring the runs as of late. The majority of the time, drops in Tav are very scarce. I don't want to sound patronising but I think Mental is playing it safe. Plus I think Mental would prefer a better 500k:Relic/coinage ratio that you would get in citys and even Northlands as of late. Razz

I guess if we was to do Tav soon then guess it would have to have a large build up and preparation. That's if we are going for the win that is. 90% of the time we just farm... lol

Ciaranjgw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Verence on Tue May 26, 2009 10:46 am

We have PS2 and XBOX players, saying "Everyone on the run needs to be on TS" is a kind of unrealistic expectation. There's no event in the game that can't be handled with in-game communication, however much voicechat may help.

That aside, however unrealistic it may be I would like to see Tavnazia completed someday. I'm not holding my breath though, I know how much it cuts into farming especially given how infrequent Tav runs are. Still, I'd like to see more runs; between Muir and I, the bulk of the items we still want from Dynamis come from Tavnazia onry.

Sponsorship is another consideration, but however much I like Mental and would like to see him complete Aegis, I don't think the entire LS should be focused around currency farming to the exclusion of other things. There are too many members who AREN'T sponsors to focus on the few at the cost of the many. Realistically, decisions probably aren't made that way but those are my thoughts on the matter.
Verence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacky on Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 am

I don't think we're dependant on the sponsor to sponsor each and every run we have, last time I checked, we had plenty of fundings to keep going for a while.

And Cj, aren't you being a bit pessimistic regarding beating Tavnazia? We don't have to be on TS, and most of the time we're on there, we hardly do much other than just generic chattering. Also, we're a solid LS, we still are. The only reason to beat Tavnazia is to gain a trophy, perhaps an Xbox Live achievement. There's nothing to gain. I agree we should do Tavnazia more often, just because it's a fun zone to do. As much as i'd like to beat Tavnazia, too, there's nothing to be gained from it. We'd be better of spending the 500k on farming relic.

Blacky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mental on Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm

My just got home from 12 hours of work responce flower

1: Yes we will, alot of CoP, Northlands and Tavnazia will be our main focus after the this next rotation, we are simply planning on getting all of the Team Tavnazia Access in the next Schdule.

2: We can beat Tavnazia /nod But... if we want to Win Tavnazia we are then wasteing Farming time for simply the title, there are no drops from any of the Diabolos Suits. -1 Body / Legs and Hydra items > Title? scratch

3: Although we like to Rotate Citys from month to month we never take Sponsorship into consideration when planning the Dynamis Schdule. The priority is members Flags and the alusive and wonderfull drops Dynamis has to offer. WeMeleeStatues is still rich, we do not need to worry about doing alot of CoP and Tavnazia at this time. Once we hit say.. 5M or when the Top Cat has spoken, the Bank will then take Priority over City runs untill it is once again looking like Fists piggy Bank.

Time to go save the Fish Cakes from the oven!

Anything else, feel free to bring it up!

Thank you, Xenedra & Co.

Last edited by mental on Tue May 26, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godofwar on Tue May 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Thankyou for the responses, and Menty I assumed it was something of the sort.. just was mostly curious about 2/4 runs each of the next 2 months being repeat CoP zones. I really don't know much about Tav, having never done it, and its been.. a year? since I read up on it. I did not realize that flag took away that much time from farming, my bad.

I tend to agree with Blacky about TS too. TS/Vent is not a cure-all. I have won stuff without it, I have lost stuff with it. Yes it does speed up communication marginally ( I can type almost as fast as I can talk). But I think you are going a bit overboard CJ. It would be nice to have everyone on a TS program, but it will never happen, and that will not make or break our runs.

Also, imo its obvious we are not focusing on the sponsors to the exclusion of the members. If we were, we would be spamming nothing but city runs (Sandy is the top drop, no?). We have 4 of the next 7 runs scheduled in CoP. I think that speaks for itself as far as sponsorship favoritism (it doesn't exist here).

Godofwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  franky on Tue May 26, 2009 8:52 pm

i'd also like to express my desire to go for a tavnazia win. it's not always about the relic, how many players can say they've completed the most difficult dynamis zone? i certainly think we're capable with enough planning and quick thinking on the day. i'd love to give it a shot.

franky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenedra on Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 pm

I'd say Mental pretty well covered things. When we plan out runs our main focuses are drops for members and flags progression for new members.

Recently we've had a bit of a hiccup in attendance due to members going on hiatus and what not, so rather than throw ourselves unsuccessfully at CoP zones, Tavnazia in particular, Mental and I decided to lay off of them a bit until we felt attendance was a bit more solid. I'm sure you all can image how frustrated it got us when we couldn't even get a dependable 18 to show up for Tavnazia runs. As you might have guessed from the current schedule, we feel a core of members have been attending with enough consistency to warrant more CoP zone farming. If the months to come continue to show us solid member backing, then Tavnazia will be in our future.

Cheers,
Xene n' Co.

Xenedra
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Verence on Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm

I really don't care about the title as much as the CS and potential game lore/plot. I'm a sucker for that stuff. As said though, as much as I'd like it I realize it's not really practical. Also, it seems there's been a bit of a misunderstanding. When I said "Realistically, decisions probably aren't made that way" I meant just that - Realistically, decisions probably aren't made that way.
Verence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromida on Wed May 27, 2009 7:26 am

I would love to complete dynamis tav, but I know how much effort is involved and how much time/gil its not practicle. Currently I would like us to spam Bastok and Jeuno for my DNC gear but I don't see that happening ether Sad

Andromida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Repeat CoP zones without Tav?

Post  Kurenka on Sun May 31, 2009 12:28 pm

I will admit, I only skimmed over the first few pots here and I know it may be deviating from the main subject. I've seen several posts saying about the lack of Tav runs etc. I've been a memb since Late July/Early August and in that time there has been 1 Qufim run (which I had to miss...Damn sister's wedding...). I don't see how we are going to get all members Tav access with rotations like that :/
Yes I know there is one upcoming, but just put into perspective, how many Tav runs have we done since then? Easily 6. While members without all flags have been forced to sit out.
Yes Tav has has been missing from recent rota's, but spare a thought for those even without Tav access yet ^.^

Kurenka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mental on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:04 am

Its my day off, about to go eat and drink in a resturant / bar that looks over Fistral beach! Smile

So lil Kurenka. What are you on about you silly little Tarus.

The past Tavnazia were run by Ayvaen and Alveen, there was only one Tavnazia since that point. Since then, as you know, a new SH team has been focusing on new membership and all area access. Now we have a more consistant Attendance we have Schduled all CoP Dynamis into the most recent Schdule so at the end of July everyone will have Tavnazia Access.

I do understand, it was a shame that you missed the Dynamis - Qufim, and it had been a long time since, though our Linkshell has had to adjust to new members and SH's. As mentioned all of our Linkshell will have Tavnazia Access in July flower

Feel free to talk to me in game or PM me with anything simples. /lip squeek

Cheers, Menty.

mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum